Wednesday, August 26, 2009

こんにちは。

Before I was born, my grandparents were stationed in Tokyo, Japan during my grandpa's air force days. Naturally I grew up hearing stories of beautiful geishas and giant sumo wrestlers and although I had always loved these stories I was never especially interested in Japan. Then I began looking for places to study abroad my Junior year at ND, did some research on Tokyo, and was drawn in by it. I applied and was accepted into the program. I leave for Sophia University, Tokyo in the Spring of 2010.

I am taking Japanese 1 because it is required for the program but also because I really want to have a basic understanding of the Japanese language and culture before I set sail for Tokyo.

じゃあ、また。

4 comments:

  1. Speaking of sumo wrestlers, I remember seeing a whole bunch of sumo wrestlers at the airport when I was with my family seeing my grandma off to the Philippines. I took a picture with one of them. :D

    But I'm jealous that you get to go to Japan next semester all ready! Better work this semester in Japanese I then, huh? (: I know one of my roommates from last year is studying abroad in Japan for the whole year right now, but I'm not sure if it's in Sophia, too. Either way, she loves it, and I'm sure you'll have an amazing time, too. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also applied for the Tokyo program and was accepted. Unfortunately I decided that I wanted to stay here at ND. I've been to Japan before and it is really a fascinating place. I am sure the abroad program will be a lot of fun. I definitely want to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! Two people I know are leaving tomorrow to go to Japan for a year. I'm going to miss them but what a fantastic opportunity. I hope you have a great time there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kyle
    I'm Moojung Lee from South Korea
    It is great to meet you
    Hey by the way, I like your name
    It is really cool.
    I hope we can be good friends
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete